The ProTrainings new Care Certificate online course to meet the new standards. The course is all video based online training covering the required 15 standards. You can visit the new site to the Care Certificate Course here. You can add links on your site to sell this course and offer it to your customers.
This training course is designed to give you the basic training to meet the theory needs of the Skills for Care 2015 Care Certificate. This course covers all the theory modules of the 15 standards in the Care Certificate. Once completed, your workplace can use this course as evidence of competence to sign off these modules against the employees training record. With the addition of the required workplace assessments, the employer can issue the Care Certificate.
The online course is available with a practical module locally to rehearse practical skills where required. We can also integrate classroom based and online qualifications to expand on knowledge and build training packages. Where required, we offer many regulated qualifications to support your training in the care sector and these can be integrated with your care certificate training package.
The Care Certificate is the start of the career journey for these staff groups and is only one element of the training and education that will make them ready to practice within their specific sector. Although the Care Certificate is designed for new staff that is new to care, and offers this group of staff their first step on their career ladder, it is also offers opportunities for existing staff to refresh or improve their knowledge.
Care Certificate Recommendations
Health Education England, Skills for Care, and Skills for Health, made a number of recommendations which were agreed by the Department of Health Governance Assurance Board:
- The 15 standards should remain, subject to some amendments
- Individuals will need to complete all 15 standards to be awarded the Care Certificate
- The Certificate should be prioritised by employers for “new staff, new to care”
- 12 weeks will remain as the guidance timeframe for a full-time individual to complete the Care Certificate
- The minimum level for quality assurance of the Care Certificate, and the certification itself, will be the responsibility of employers
- In addition to events and workshops, a suite of materials will be made freely available for employers to download and use to support them in implementing the Care Certificate.
The Care Certificate replaces both the Common Induction Standards and the National Minimum Training Standards.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course comes with 20.0 hrs (30.0 class) of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 11 hours and 54 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
1. Understand Your Role
2. Your Personal Development
3. Duty of Care
4. Equality and Diversity
5. Work in a Person Centred Way
7. Privacy and Dignity
8. Fluids and Nutrition
9. Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
10. Safeguarding Adults
11. Safeguarding Children
12. Basic Life Support
13. Health and Safety
14. Handling Information
15. Infection Prevention and Control