Medications Course Details
Medications training is required in many sectors including the care industry to ensure that all staff have a basic understanding of the important rules when handing medications. This course gives you the knowledge to understand the legal framework and how the organisation's policies and procedures reflect the legal framework, for safe handling of medicines, to understand the importance of noting and reporting any changes to individuals following administration of medicines; and managers' responsibilities and the implementation of ongoing monitoring of the care worker.
The information on this course has to be used alongside the policies and procedures of your workplace to ensure that correct action is taken at all times. This is also ideal for anyone who looks after a family member and is responsible for ensuring they are given the correct dose as well as understanding contra-indications of a medication.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
Occupations that can use this course:
- Care workers
- At home carers
- Special needs schools
- Introduction, Aims & Objectives
- Classification of Medication
- Types of Medication
- Storing Medication Safely
- Safe Disposal of Medication
- Supporting Service Administration
- Supporting Self Administration
- Contra-Indications, Allergies, Overdoses
- The Monitored Dosage System
- Reporting Mistakes
- Maintaining Medication Records
- Recognising & Reporting Changes to the Individual
- Further Learning & Summary